1 lb. baby carrots, rinsed
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Reserve 1/4 coconut to roast for garnish.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in an oven safe pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
To toast coconut:
1. Layer in a skillet and lightly toast on medium heat until golden.
2. Garnish carrot mixture with toasted coconut just before serving.
Steve's Bacon Basil Quiche
1-9 inch, deep dish pie crust, pre-baked
1-pint 1/2 and 1/2
1/8 cup pesto
1 cup bacon, cooked
1 cup cheddar cheese
2/3 cup onion, chopped and sautéed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix eggs, 1/2 and 1/2, Dijon mustard, pesto, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. Place bacon, onion, and cheddar cheese into the bottom of the cooked pie crust.
3. Pour in egg mixture.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.